Through the Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) Program, most federal employees are eligible for a Group Term Life insurance policy. However, life insurance purchased through the FEGLI program is owned by the employer and does not build paid up or cash value.
Group Term Life and Whole Life Insurance Policy Highlights*
Through Globe Life's supplemental insurance program, Federal and State Employees and their families can purchase Ordinary Life or Term insurance. This protection is designed to begin when your group plan ends.
- You own the policy – coverage is portable if you change jobs or retire.
- Whole Life policy paid up at age 65 or payable for life – both policies build cash value.
- Group Term Life policy paid up at age 65 or paid for life.
- Policies are guaranteed renewable as long as premiums are paid on time.
- Guaranteed Issue – Ordinary Life policies are issued regardless of health, hobbies, or occupation (subject to certain limitations).
- No Medical Exams – Coverage is based on your membership in a select group, not your medical record. Answer a few questions to see if you qualify.
- Payroll Deduction – Premiums are payroll deducted by salary deduction authorizations for your convenience.
- Affordable Cost – Immediate family members can start the programs for as little as $1.50/week.
- Family Members Eligible – Coverage provides benefits for you, you spouse, children, grandchildren, or any combination.
- No Participation Needed – Insurance is written on an individual basis; coverage can be continued even if you change employment or retire.
Group Term Life and Whole Life Insurance Policy Riders*
Our ordinary Whole Life and Group Term Life insurance policy riders offer civil service employees and their families’ additional coverage and protection.
Available riders include:
- Deposit Fund Rider (DFR): offers the unique advantage of depositing funds in an account with a guaranteed 3 percent minimum interest rate for the life of an in-force policy. DFR is available on new life insurance policies that are on allotment or automatic bank draft. Policyholders can use cash from DFR for any reason.
- Accidental Death Benefit Rider: pays up to a set amount for accidental death of an employee or spouse.
- Children’s Term Rider: pays up to a set amount to the beneficiary upon proof of an insured child’s death.
Get a free assessment of your state or federal government life insurance benefits from an ESD licensed insurance Agent to help determine which plan is right for you.